Sunday, January 27, 2013

Who says I can't be classy?!

Class! What is the definition? I think my biggest goal in life (besides being an awesome mom...someday) is to be the perfect mix of adventure, spirit, casual and overall CLASS. I like the idea of being considered classy.
My FHE brother this last semester would always tell me that I had class, one time he said I was the "Queen of Class." Of course, I was BEYOND flattered, (because that is my overall goal;), but I just thought to myself that he couldn't be more wrong. I love to go on random adventures. I love shopping for awesome dresses in thrift stores. I ski, I don't snow board. I play water polo, (I would say tennis or golf could be considered classy, but not polo). I mean really! I can be shy, or I can be over the top crazy. I laugh at my own jokes, and I laugh for like 10 minutes straight. I am a cop magnet. I love sweatshirts. I LOVE movie theater popcorn (I would go buy some while I was at school and bring it back to my apartment for a snack). I like to dance, but I am definitely not a dancer. I like to sing, but I am not a singer. I really enjoy pizza and root beer. Teasing my siblings is a hobby. I get super bashful around boys (though I try to hide that one). I love chick flicks. I wish I lived in the times of Pride and Prejudice. I love to sing Phantom music at the top of my lungs. I make embarrassing videos with my friends. I doorbell ditch random guys with my "smiley face gang." I enjoy wearing mustaches. I trip down stairs like everyday!! I fell out of a tree. Really, there is just so much about me that is not what I would consider classy.
Then the biggest thing of all...the whole reason I am writing this post. . . I actually like Nicki Minaj!! HA! I know what you're thinking! "How can you even write about Nicki and class in the same post?!" There is so much talk about her since she is a new judge on American Idol. And I do think she is annoying as well as Mariah. I also feel that Nicki isn't good enough to be a judge on American Idol. I also would never expose my eyes to one of her music videos or concerts. BUT!!! I like some of her music, especially Super Bass. It was that song that was blasting in Sam's car as she drove, me, Courtney, and Kazia out to the dunes in October of our first semester in 2011. That day was when we all finally clicked and became really comfortable with each other, and I will never forget it. Whenever that song plays I think of my friends. I know that Nicki is not the definition of class, but I wont deny that I like some of her stuff!! Click here, if you want to here the song...you could even learn the dance!;)
SO! According to webster's online dictionary, classy means stylish and sophisticated. And a synonym is elegant. Yes there are many things about me that may not be classy, but I realize that I like being different (kind of like Nicki...just not the same way). I can be stylish and sophisticated with my own personality and interests even with my own style. I may not be the queen of class but I can strive to be. I also really like the idea of elegance. I love old fashioned stuff. So I have decided that I can be a good mix... a well-rounded person. How boring would it be if I was only classy. And if I enjoy movie theater popcorn, then I am going to eat movie theater popcorn!! If I have to fall down some stairs then I am going to get up with confidence and laugh it off.
WHO SAYS I CAN'T BE CLASSY??!!

the day we all clicked!


some of my best moments ;)...classy? no! but I wouldn't trade 'em!


No comments: