Saturday, March 16, 2013

How Random Can I Get?

It's been a while since I have blogged or written in my journal. I have been meaning to write in my journal, but I haven't gotten to it yet...of course. (As if I am SO busy) But I got the urge to blog, and for some reason its more fun this way. I would just like to say "life is good." It's only when I talk about what I have been doing that I realize I'm not so boring after all; I think that's why I enjoy blogging. Ok, so here I go... how random can I get?

A recap of the last month:
All of January and most of February, my good friend Dawn was home. We had so much fun together. I  am so grateful for her. One good memory with her was going to Palo Alto and getting lost driving around Stanford. We ended up driving by the sororities...WOW! They are amazing. We drove everywhere looking for a unique dessert place, but everything was closed (it was like 10/11 pm), we ended up at Safeway. Also, we went to a San Jose State Basketball with our friend Spencer on Valentines Day. That was way fun too. Oh, ok I really embarrassed myself too. We went to this yummy little Mexican place before and of course I broke my fork, and there was some food that ended up in my hair. But you know me, I can't enjoy mexican food unless I break my fork. Ha! Well, that weekend, I had to say goodbye to Dawn for the next 18 months. She is now in the MTC (only for like 1 or 2 more weeks) learning spanish before she goes off to serve the people of the New York, New York South Mission. I am so excited for her, and she is such a grate example. She is going to be one of the best missionaries out there. :)



So, the reason I had to say goodbye to her a little early, is because I drove with my family out to Washington that weekend for our friend Chase's homecoming. And I got to see my best friend Chelsey for the first time in almost 2 years. I loved it! It was fun to spend some "quality" time with my fam in the car. Haha. ;) The drive was beautiful through Northern California, Oregon and Washington. We crossed so many bridges. Seriously! It was amazing. Washington was so fun and the Halls house was beautiful and they are always so fun. We went to Seattle and that is something I have always wanted to do. It was awesome. We also had lunch at this DELICIOUS cheese place. We got a tomato/basil grilled cheese sandwich. Yum! We rode a ferry to the City. That was some fun sight seeing. We touched the space needle, and we did some shopping. That was a quick trip, but just perfect.





Well, I came home to no more Dawn, and I didn't know what to do with myself at first. But I have had some good times. I went on a group date with Brian Hawks, Scotty&Abbie, and Cameron&Sadie. They made us a yummy gourmet meal and we sat at a properly set table and ate in courses. It was a bit intimidating at first haha, but none of us were super natural at the etiquette. Then we just hung out all night. We sat around a fire and roasted marshmallows (of course, my night isn't complete without a little embarrassment...we made s'mores with Reese's and I forgot to take off the second wrapper...) We also played some zombie video game, yeah I stink. We played just dance, and I rocked that.;) We played some board games. And in the end we probably had the most fun making up this random scary story that included us all. I didn't get home till 2am. Good times. Also I went to OZ with Cassie and Hunter. I saw my sisters high school play, The Sound of Music...AMAZING!! And last night my mom and I went on a double mother daughter date with Kelsi and her mom to the Cheesecake factory. And of course, we did a little shopping afterward, where I spent money that I probably shouldn't have.


Just a few shout outs:
It's happened. My best friend Angela is ENGAGED!!! I can't believe it! It feels like just yesterday that we were in high school dreaming about our future and saying "our future husband is out there somewhere...what do you think he is doing right now?!" Welp, she found him. And I am so happy for her!! AH!!!

Sam just left on her mission last Wednesday. She is in the Provo MTC, but will be off to Moscow Russia in the next 5 weeks! She taught english there and is so excited to go back. She already has a love for those people and there culture. She is going to be an amazing missionary. She already is awesome, and such a wonderful example.

Kazia has been out for a little over 2 months! I love reading her letters home. She is doing great. She is in the Everett Washington Mission. I wanted to go track her down when I was there, but decided that probably would have been a bit difficult. She is so cute!


Kelsi, has decided to go on a mission and is getting started on her papers. I am SO excited for her.
Jenny just told me her papers are in and so now we wait. AH! Where will she go?! I don't know. She will be good wherever. She is awesome.

The random things on my mind:
I am anxious to go back to school. I love being home, but you know... Well, I only have like 4 weeks left, so I actually need to hurry up and get ready. I got my Mesoamerica itinerary. STOKED! But oh there is so much I still need to do to get ready. :P But soon I will be hiking and exploring the ruins and rain forests of South America. Woot!
Ok, so my future is always on my mind and last night I was talking to my mom in the car and I was telling her how if I had the Scout at school, then I would be so popular and probably meet my future husband. JOKE! haha, well the conversation got deep *stress.  Anyway, here is a Jane Austen quote from Pride and Prejudice, that I think is right on... "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment."(random I know)
Also, a part of this conversation was a career, let me just say... I NEED A HOBBY!!! I don't know what I love to do that I could make a career out of. So, that's one of my goals, to figure out what I do well and enjoy doing.

And while I'm talking about goals, Im going to commit, right here, right now! NO desserts or treats for the next few weeks! I have to cut them out completely.


I will finish this randomness before it gets extra boring. But before I do, I have to share these cuties. I have been nannying for the last month and a half. It is tough. But these kids make it all worth it.













Well, life is good, I am so blessed. And I am grateful for the people in my life that make it that way.

No comments: