Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Inspired
Have I mentioned that I love BYU-I? As I have already mentioned many times before, I am majoring in Business Management, and I took the first class required this semester. I just got back from my board of review with my professor Brother Bell. As I sat waiting for my turn, I was stressing out, because honestly I don't know what I want to do with my life career wise. I know I want to be a wife and mother, but in terms of the interview I just had, I had NO IDEA! So we started out looking at my website, and he was really impressed that I had 100% attendance for all 4 years of early morning seminary. That made me feel good, but then he asked me the dreaded question..."what's your dream job?" I just told him the truth that I had no clue, and that I took the class to decide, and it didn't really help. So he gave me some advice and told me he sensed some stress. Eventually he asked me if I was ok, and for the first time this semester I felt like I was going to melt down. (I know its surprising that it hasn't happened yet, cause it happened all the time at home) I told him I was fin though, and he asked if I had my patriarchal blessing. INSPIRED! I told him yes, but realized at that moment that it has been a while since I had read it. He told me to really study it and keep going in business to really see if it's for me. I could tell he was really concerned and it made me feel good. As much as I love this school, it is true that sometimes I forget that I am important too. We are all the same here, where as at home I was used to constantly standing up for what I believe. Anyway, this is why I am at a church school, because it is inspired; the professors are inspired. I love that when poring out my confusion on my professor he told me to read my patriarchal blessing, to pray, to get some priesthood blessings, and to just be righteous and work on perfecting myself and the rest will fall into place. I am so grateful to be attending this school where the gospel is constantly applied. And being at BYU-IDAHO I am able to have a personal meeting with my professors. I came straight home from my interview and read my patriarchal blessing. And of course, I am still confused, but I feel much more comforted! What more can I say?... INSPIRED!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Anna, what a great experience. I'm so glad you are keeping a blog and writing these things down. Keep praying and doing what is right. You will figure it out with the Lord's help. I was just thinking the other day that I wanted to read your patriarchal blessing. I remember how touched I was when you got it. You are a super special girl and truly a daughter of God. Don't ever forget how much you are loved by Him and us! Love you sweet heart.
Anna! That's so awesome! I love reminders like what you said about how we are all important and unique, because I think that is something everyone tries to find in themselves (originality). You're the best! And speaking of being inspired, you inspired me too! Thanks Anna *bannanaana* dickson. :]
Thanks Anna. I needed to read this tonight. I've been confused and anxious over my future too (yes it still happens to us old people too sometimes). I think I'm gonna go read my patriarchal blessing right now. Keep being that great girl! And thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment