Monday, March 12, 2012

Another END Another BEGINNING

I have found in life that there are so many beginnings and so many ends, and a lot of those have been happening recently. For example, High School and all other years of required education with it ended last year and I started College, a whole new adventure. That is just an example, but with growing up comes so  many more ends which makes me a little sad, but then there are always beginnings to look forward to. ANYWAY, what I am getting at is that another something just ended for me. For a little less than as long as I can remember I have gotten together with my cousins Alyssa, Becca, Krista and my sister Kayla for "cousin sleepovers" at least twice a year. Alyssa is the oldest, right now she is 23 turning 24, Becca is next and she just turned 21, then there is me and I am turing 19, Krista follows and is turning 18, and Kayla is the youngest turning 16 this year. We have so many fun memories through the years of all our cousin sleepovers. We have done at everyone's house at least once, but would usually have it at our house or Grandmas...Grandmas is our favorite:) So our cousin sleepovers pretty much ended this last weekend. Because we knew it would be our last we stayed at Grandma's for 3 nights! SO FUN! As we have been growing up it has gotten more difficult to have sleepovers but we have managed to continue the tradition. First there was Alyssa graduating High School then Becca. Then Alyssa went on a mission. I graduated High School then and went off to college. Now Alyssa is getting married. I am about to go back to school and Becca will be too in the fall as well as Krista. SO luckily we are all home right now and decided to have a "last shebang!" Our first cousin sleepover was at my old house and I don't remember how old we were exactly but I know I was younger than 8 which means Kayla was younger than 5 and Alyssa was younger than 13. We ate tacos for dinner, watched Prince of Egypt, and did makeup. Well, that's where it al started and thats where it all ended. At every cousin sleepover we watch a movie or even go to the movies sometimes (we saw Freaky Friday in the theatre as well as Enchanted). We always do makeovers and massages. And we always cook/bake and eat. And then there is always something new. This last weekend we mostly cooked. Our grandma got us each an "Our Best Bites" cookbook for christmas last year, so we thought we would make her and grandpa yummy food out of there all weekend. On Saturday we went on a walk and ended up dancing at the park. Alyssa and Becca taught us some Hula. We also did makeup and just hung out and talked to each other as well as the grandparents. Grandma and Grandpa told us lots of fun stories about their lives and how they have been blessed. It was very special. OH! And I can't leave out our favorite part...LAUGHING!...well at least my favorite part;)
I am so lucky to be apart of two great families! I have fun cousins that I am close with on the Davis side too and we sometimes have cousin sleepovers also. I look up to my cousins. Alyssa and Becca have always been just a couple steps in front of me in life because that are just a little bit older. And now Alyssa is a return missionary about to get married?! Becca just finished Beauty School and is in her senior year of College?! I love them and am grateful for their great examples to me! I am so lucky to have grandparents that share their love for the gospel and life!
Well with another end there is always another beginning, and ours is going to be weekends away for cousin sleepovers after we are married;)...and we will probably continue them without Alyssa for a while, it won't be the same, but I have a feeling Becca will be taken from us sometime soon anyway.;)

This is us at "the Dinosaur park" that we have always gone to.

Here are some old Cousin sleepover photos...
(I need to find some more, these are mostly from one night)









No comments: