Friday, September 14, 2012

It's been a While...

So it's been a while since I last posted. I have already had my 7 week summer and I just finished my first week of school. Summer was alright, there were some really fun times, but I mostly just worked. The best part was probably my first week home when my roommate/best friend Courtney came with me. We drove all over the place so that we could fit in all the experiences of the bay area in 4 and a half days. Another fun day this last summer was when Kazia visited California for Eric's farewell. I only saw her for a day but it was perfect! And Eric did so well on his talk. Then there was the A's game that I went to with Dawn, Kelsi, and Dawn's bro JT. Last, we went to the cabin the weekend before I left to come back up here. That was fun to be with my cousins one last time before we all went our separate ways again.
Here is my summer in pictures, and it's a bit out of order.. (and there is more that I wrote about being back...its just past these pics!;) haha there is just a lot of them...





































So! Now I am back in Rexburg, and I already love it. I just finished my first week of school, and I already know its going to be a tough semester.....BUT I can do it! It just feels good to be back into a routine (which is still in progress). And it's so fun to be with my friends again and interacting with people my own age. So, for Econ homework the other day I had to read this talk by Elder Robbins, called The Cost of Riches. It is such an awesome talk that is all about living within our means. He talks about how money is time and time takes away from the family and limits our happiness. He talked about how when we continue to spend our things start to own us instead of vice versa. It's just a really good talk that made me want to simplify my life...and I am a college student who already lives pretty simply! Anyway, I am just grateful to go to a school that incorporates revelation and gospel topics into the lessons of everyday life. I love it! I think this semester will be pretty interesting, and I will post more, when more happens. I just had to share about that article because it was SO GOOD! ;)

I love these ladies!!! 

No comments: