Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Four of Us

A year and a month ago I was so excited to go to college! I couldn't wait to be on my own and to be associated with older people, and to meet boys. However excited I was, I was also definitely nervous...and mostly just about making friends. We all have our best friends, and half the time we don't really remember the process of becoming friends. When I got to BYU-I I went to the housing office to make sure I really had housing, because there were too many girls signed up for my apartment. They told me that I was only signed up for the first block of the semester. I asked if they had any open housing for the semester and after looking for what felt like forever, they said a girl had canceled her contract in Perkins and that there was one bed left. So I took it! I was originally in the apartment complex completely opposite of where I ended up. I remember my parents being relieved and telling me that they felt like it was an answer to prayers.  A day or two later I sat with my parents in an orientation meeting before we split off for separate meetings. When it was time to split, I didn't know where I was going, so my mom turns around and asks the girl sitting behind us if she knew where she was going. She said "sort of" and my mom arranged for her and I to walk together. This girl was really nice, but I thought she was too cool for me. Later she asked me if I was going to something (i dont remember what it was) but I do remember saying that I was going and she said "ok then I will go too." Could this possibly be the start of a friendship? (I remember think along those lines.) This girl's name is Courtney and we have become the best of friends. I feel like I have known her forever, but really its only been a little over a year. Courtney and I ventured off to meet people together, but she also introduced me to her friends from home, Kazia and Sam. I thought these girls were so fun. After hanging out a few times, I think it became obvious that the four of us would get along real well. We have so much fun together. I just love my friends and I am so grateful for them. The four of us have ZERO drama. The four of us are very similar yet perfectly different. The four of us make an awesome team. The four of us have so much fun together. The four of us laugh together. The four of us aren't afraid to be ourselves around each other. The four of us dance together. The four of us are the best of friends. I can't imagine life without these girls. And I know that I was meant to be moved to Perkins hall last fall. I have been very blessed!!

 Fall 2011




Spring 2012  



This Semester...SO FAR!! (Fall 2012)



I just love these ladies!!! 




2 comments:

Annette said...

Anna, I just love this post! I am so grateful that you found such an amazing group of friends who are zero drama and that you can be yourself around and dance in movie theaters with! These are great times! I was looking on through the rest of your blog again and guess what...the dress is growing on me. It makes me want to sing a happy little song from Enchanted or something. Love you sweet heart! Dad and I are just looking over your blog. xoxo

Michael said...

Anna, this is Courtney's dad. We're really glad you and Court found each other that first day! Glad you all are having fun.