Before I left for college, I had the nightly routine of putting on my pjs, brushing my teeth and then climbing into my parents bed. We would talk and laugh together for about 2 seconds, and then they would tell me to go to my own bed, but it turns out that that was always a long process. I would end up standing in their door way for at least an hour talking to them. I LOVED IT. That is a memory I will always cherish. I missed that at school too, but we would talk on the phone every day for about an hour at least on average. SO coming home, I was excited to pick up where I left off and start talking to them in their door way and sneaking into their bed again. WELL, it seems as though they are too busy or tired for that now, but I still sneak into their bed sometimes... hehehe. ANYWAY, to be honest, I was kind of sad that we didn't talk as much once I got home, but then I realized I have nothing to say. Every once in awhile I lay on the couch and tell my mom my problems..."mom! I am never going to get married!"...while she pretends to listen, "the way a real therapist would do."
So the new thing is HUGS. MY family has always loved to cuddle, well some of us at least, but other than that I don't consider us to be very lovey touchy. Since I have been home, I have noticed that I receive a lot more hugs than I normally did before I left for school. At first, I was somewhat weirded out, but I LIKE the new trend! So now you know, in the Dickson house as of late, it is less talking more hugging. ha.
So anyway, the reason for this post is because I HAVE THE FUNNEST PARENTS EVER!!!;D After dinner, my dad went outside to enjoy the cool fresh air after the 80 degree day we had today. Next thing I know, there is a party on the trampoline....
I mean really, are your parents this cool?!
1 comment:
Haha! I love it! And I love that you were in our bed when I first read this!!! you make life so fun Anna. Love the new background and font on your blog too :) Keep up the great blogging! You do too have lots to talk about still. Don't ever stop.
Post a Comment