I love people! I couldn't go through life as a loner, it would be so depressing! The times when I am alone in my dorm are really hard....usually. I'll admit sometimes its nice having alone time, but too much gets old real fast. So I have to say I am grateful for my friends who are also my roommates. And just as a SIDE NOTE, I hope you guys feel better! Courtney and Jenny have been sick the last few days, and that is one of the hardest things when you are away from home and family.
So, to get to the point of this post...
I made a friend in math on the first day of class, her name is Aly. She is super nice, and I was so relieved to have made a friend right a way. I didn't see her for the next few classes, so I thought maybe my luck ran out and she dropped the class when the next thing I see is her sitting somewhere else. I was a little offended at first thinking she didn't want to be math buddies. But then 2 classes ago she sat next to me again, and that was the day my teacher wanted us to choose our permanent seats. So lucky me, I still have a friend in that class. She is super pretty and really down to earth...just had to throw that in there. Anyway, today after class we were walking together, and this guy said "hi" so she said "hi how are you?" and he responded and asked her the same and so on. You get the picture. So I was thinking, she must know him. When we continued to walk, she said "I like nice people, they make me happy." And that made me think. I love going to school in such a friendly environment. Our teachers treat us like their best friends even.
For some reason, the worst part of school for me is the anticipation of new classmates and the unanswered question of whether or not I am going to make any friends in my classes or be the quite girl in the corner. Well, when attending BYUI there is no need for such nervousness because everyone is so friendly. However, I am more confident in my classmates this semester than I was last semester. Ok, so I will share a secret with you...mine and my friends goal at the beginning of each semester is to sit by cute boys in our classes. Well, shy little me usually just sits in the first empty seat I see. This semester I was blessed. hahaha. So in my Web Design class, I sat at an empty row and this guy came and sat next to me on the day we chose permanent seats. He is cute but I guess just not my type. THAT is irrelevant however. Anyway, I am so glad he sat there, because he is so helpful. I think he said he is majoring in computer something or else he is just a computer genius and is creating his website about that. The point: He is always checking up on me, and making sure everything is working, and helping me figure things out. I mean that is really nice of him considering I am an air head when it comes to computers. In my Book of Mormon Class, Courtney and I always sit together so that is always fun. In my English class this really nice guy sits next to me usually but when he doesn't he still always says "hi" to me. Then there is my math class which I already shared about that friend. And last is my flower arranging class. There are all girls and one boy in that class, so I sit next to this really nice girl and this other really nice really fun girl who is actually pregnant. Somehow I really lucked out in my seating arrangements this semester.
That is not all that I have to say about people here. I could go on and on sharing specific stories about when someone was nice to me. Boys are always holding doors open, I see them carrying stuff for girls. They are all so friendly and cute and nice. I went country dancing last night with Kazia, Krista, and our new friend Levi. It was so fun! I love that the school has such fun little activities always going on. I love the country culture, I got asked to dance last night probably more than I have at all the youth stake dances put together. (Ok, that might be an exaggeration but you get the picture.) And we actually danced, I didn't dance with anyone to a deacon shuffle. And the guys always escorted us out to the dance floor and back when the song ended. So, our friend Levi was ever a gentleman. LOL He was so cute, he warned us before we went in that it was his first dance since his mission. But he was really good. He asked me to dance first and then went and asked a guy to show him the steps and then we went for it. He danced with Kazia and Krista too. He also asked lots of other girls to dance and he probably danced with each of us 2 or 3 times. Then he walked us home after. He is just one example of how cute and nice people are around here. SIDE NOTE: I learned last night that I am not so gifted in proper dancing. haha
I love that you can say "hi" to anyone and everyone here. I know this turned into a ramble as usual, but just think about it, what would we do without other people?!
LAST SIDE NOTE: There are also so many different people. I went to a cultural fair thing on campus the other night and this really cute girl from Australia convinced me to join her club. There were also so many other cool people there from different countries. It hit me how amazing it is that the gospel is being shared all over the world.
P.S. I just had to share my awesome find! I got $10 jeans yesterday at pac sun! $10!!! can you believe that?! ...along with a new headband and some earrings:)


2 comments:
It sounds like you are having so much fun. I love reading your blog. You are such an amazing girl. I am so proud to have a niece like you. Love you.
Aw! thanks! I love you too! I read your blog earlier, I am so excited for Jenny! :)
Post a Comment