Well, I did it. I have survived two weeks of late nights (or should I say early mornings), LONG reading assignments, extensive homework, parties, boys, roommates, activities, and just the weird mormon culture. I LOVE IT!!! (ok, I guess I haven't quite had enough exclamation points) Anyway, I am having a blast and I am so happy to be busy again. I am so grateful for this Gospel, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have been provided with so many oppertunities and I love that I have an outline for my life. One of my biggest worries about college was making friends. You can ask my mom...almost everyday I told her how nervous I was about making friends. Within the first week of being here I made a group of girl friends, I got called as FHE "mom", and have probably talked to over 100 new people that are all so nice. I have probably put 20 new contacts in my phone (though I can't remember who everyone is). The fact is that Heavenly Father knows me and my anxieties, and he blesses me everyday with new opportunities and people to meet.
Since I am already on a "spiritual" aspect, I mine as well share how amazing and inspired this school is. I love that we have so many student wards with all these leaders who care about us and put in extra time for us when they have families at home. I love that we say prayers and sing hymns in every class. I love that we have devotional every Tuesday. I love that we relate everything to the gospel. I love that we use Scriptures, Prophets, and other great church leaders as resources in all my classes...especially science. I love that the temple is just up the street. And most of all I love that everyone here shares my standards. oh! And I love that the clock tower rings primary songs....even as I type it plays "Love is Spoken Here".
What is with all the late nights, boys, and parties? Well my new friends and I are trying our best to get involved with everything and to make more friends, especially guys. We have done everything we can think of from "studying" on the social floor of the library, to loading our arms with groceries, to going to Sammy's street party, to crashing a black and white party wearing neon...well that was partially an accident. Oh and our favorite thing to do is sit outside of our dorm hall on the curb to say hi to everyone that walks by. Last week, we were doing this when a random guy stopped to talk to us, he was nice but maybe a little interesting. He eventually asked us to dinner though, which we actually just cancelled, because we didn't realize that something else was going on. Anyway, the best art of this experience was these two random guys that came over and serenaded us with their guitar, high pitch voices, and our own words. Again...weird mormon culture! But I guess that's my new life...and I love it already!
(Pictures to come)
2 comments:
This makes me so happy Anna! How did you get so wise?
You couldn't be in a better place right now! Don't ever forget that Heavenly Father does know you and cares about every big and little thing in your life. Keep praying and He will always hear and answer your prayers.
So proud of all that you are taking on in your new life too! Keep up the good work. PS, I think you got the excessive use of exclamation points from me. I'm trying to cut back myself ;) Love and miss you always!!!!!!
I love you and miss you too mom. Can you invite me to your blog and ask Cecily again to invite me to hers?...please:)
Post a Comment